Saturday, February 25, 2017

MY FUCKING POOL

My dreams don’t usually need much interpretation. I had one about her last week.
Last year I had bought filters for her pool, 200 bucks. Then the pump went out and I gave her another 200, but she never got it fixed. Her pool looked like a big cup of coffee, and her yard was a wreck. I helped her get it all cleaned up, and it looked good but for the pool. The idea was she was going to sell the house soon, and she would pay me back for the pool.
About the first of June last year, after six years, I decided I’d played the part of the other woman hiding in a closet long enough, and told her to come get her shit from my place, and I hadn’t seen her since. She seamlessly moved on to another friend of mine who doesn’t know about me, and I’m not supposed to know about him. But I do.

Anyway, I had this dream last week that she was going have a pool party. That meant she finally got that pool cleaned up. And I knew I wouldn’t be invited, but I wanted to see MY FUCKING POOL I paid for, so I snuck over there in the middle of the night. The pool looked great, but when I turned around to sneak away, I found my way was barred by briers and brambles. I had a set of clippers, and set about cutting my way out. As I cut my way out I discovered the briers were actually berry plants, and they just needed a good clipping to bear fruit. Sure enough, as I clipped away, they stared bearing fruit right behind me.
Then, the porch lights came on, and a woman came out of the house and walked over to me. I was afraid it was Gina, but it wasn’t. Its was my ex-wife, Shila.
“What are you doing?” she asked.
“I’m clipping these berry bushes. They are overgrown, but now they will bear fruit. See, already now, here come the berries!” and pointed to the fresh growth and little pink flowers coming on the vine.
She looked at me, smiled and said “Thank You”.
It felt real nice, and then I woke up.

2 comments:

SL said...

I am no dream interpretation expert but I think this dream is pretty obvious....you want some blackberry cobbler!

bulletholes said...

You are a pro SL!