Thursday, July 31, 2014

EMERGENCY ROOM 2000

I went in for a swoll up leg. I had no insurance. The bill was 2200. The Taxpayers had to eat it.
It’s a good thing they didn’t admit me that night. No telling what the bill would have been.
I wasn’t going to let them admit me anyway.
After 14 hours sitting in the Emergency Room the doctor said “We may need to admit you”
 I told that doctor “No one is getting admitted.”
“What do you mean?” he asked.
“I mean, if you are going to fix me, do it now, right here, but I won’t be going upstairs tonight.”
“Mr. Bulletholes, you could die. You could have a blood clot, and if it breaks free and hits your heart, you could die”
“I’ve been in this waiting room for 14 hours doc, and I haven’t died. Whats the sudden urgent urgency?””
“If you go to your car and try to drive home, it could break free”
“I’m sure you are right doc, but no one is getting admitted tonight. I’ll come back in the morning if I have to. But I won’t be staying tonight”
I'll never forget the look on his face.

I cant really tell you what my problem was other than just being an idiot. I just didn’t want to be admitted that night.
They ran a test and let me go.

Luckily, it wasn’t a clot.

Addendum- TWIKIWDBI has some great information on ER Room visits that might save your financial ass.

No comments: