Friday, October 11, 2013

"WHO DID THIS?"


The standoff and finger pointing in Washington reminds me of Picasso and his painting “Guernica”. The painting depicted the Nazi bombing of the Spanish city Guernica in Picassos own inimitable style. It was painted in like 1938.
Anyway, as the story goes, when the Nazis raided Picasso's Paris apartment in 1941, they found a copy of the now famous painting.
The SS Officer shook it at Pablo, screaming “Who? Who did this?”
Picasso looked at the officer and said “You. You did this”.
I never quite got Picasso's art, but I get the shit out of that answer.
A man that eloquent deserves another look.


It was later done as a huge Mural.

3 comments:

Annelisa said...

Hey there my ol friend! It was good to see you over at my blog...I admit I thought everyone would've forgotten about me, and thought I'd do some 'silent blogging', just talking to myself like :-D

Good to see you're still posting away (I'm very impressed!,

Popping over to see Waterbaby now (((hug))) x

bulletholes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bulletholes said...

Hey Annelisa! you better pop over to Red's place too. I forgot to tell you about the BIG NEWS!