Thursday, January 24, 2013

"MY NAME IS BULLETHOLES, AND I'LL BE YOUR WAITER TONIGHT"

I went and applied for a waiters job at Pappadeux a few years back, just to pick up a little extra cash.
The manager asked what qualifications I had for that job.
“Well, I was a chef for 25 years” I said.
“Really?” he said “Where at?”
“A few local Country Clubs, and 6 years with Hyatt.”
“Hmm. Interesting. Any other qualifications?”
I looked at him. He couldn’t have been a day over 25.
I asked him “Have you ever wrestled an alligator?”
He looked at me funny. “No, no I never have”
I looked at him, all wide eyed and crazy like, and said:
“Well I have. Wrestled him, kilt him, skinned him, cleaned him, cooked him and ate him with a nice Remoulade and a little Cole Slaw”

I didn’t get the job, but I think that’s one of the best interviews I ever had.


2 comments:

Ray said...

Did you tell him you wrestled that gator for 25 years before you kilt it?

red dirt girl said...

OMG - you crack me UP, cowboy!!!

I'll be smiling all day tomorrow thinking about this story.

thanks!!
xxx