Friday, June 29, 2012

PRIVILEGES

There was a segment on NPR this morning. A man talking about his mother and how happy and caring she always was. And then it came time for her to die, and the man was sad and his mother looked him in the eye and asked him “Do you not know what a privilege it is to die?”

And those were the last words he heard her speak.

I buried my mom and dad all inside a year. It was a long time ago, and it still affects me in ways I’m probably not even aware of. But I am aware of what a beautiful year that was, and what a privilege it was to their son that year.
There was a lot of treasure there.

2 comments:

red dirt girl said...

that is quite beautiful, cowboy ... i hope i will be up to the challenge when it is my turn.

xxx

SL said...

You never cease to amaze me. Just beautiful!