Friday, December 16, 2011

"WE ADMITTED WE WERE POWERLESS"

Oh gosh yes, its been such a year, and its been real fun on this blog again.
I don't get around as much as I used to, visiting my blog friends. I'm kinda self centered these days maybe, but its good to have posted as much as I have the last 8 months. If I can keep it up through the end of the month I will have equaled my best blog year, 2009, where I did 230 posts.
Thats kind of amazing since the first 3 months this year I only did a dozen or so.
Back there in 2008/2009 when I first got clean I had that great run of 320 posts  in 340 days.

It feels real good to have 1,273 days clean and sober. I don't talk about it to you guys as much anymore, but I continue to go to 3 or 4 meetings a week. I work the first 3 steps all the time. I live the program and keep the 10th step in mind always.

A friend called me a few weeks back. She wanted to go to a meeting. It was a friend that I would not have expected to be calling me for something like that. It was hard for her to do I'm sure, and last night she picked up a 30 days clean and sober chip.
I'm still humbled byn the fact that someone can come in and sit down and listen and talk and find out the message of Narcotics Anonymous...
"Any addict can stop using drugs, lose the desire to use and find a new way to live"

3 comments:

Martijn said...

The pleasure of your blog was mine! Thanks for all the posts and I'm damned proud of all your 1,273 days C&S.

soubriquet said...

I'm overawed.

Seriously. I've never had to face such a challenge, I have nothing even vaguely comparable in my life. I know I'm lucky not to have an addictive streak. But I think about the things in my life... things like changing my diet to eat more healthily for instance... and how I think to myself 'You can do that some time in the future, you don't really need to do it now'.
And I persuade myself I haven't got a problem.... But I know I have high blood pressure, and cutting out salty and fatty foods is what I should do.
So maybe that's like a molehill before the foothills of the mountain. And I'm not climbing it. Yet to ditch an addiction, you've climbed the mountain, and are still climbing.
And I'm standing here in the flatlands, thinking... maybe next week. or next month. or...

Don't stop the blogging! I like reading the stories!

red dirt girl said...

Wow, cowboy - You're awesome! I love you even more now than when we met way back when. You inspire me and make me laugh. You give me a smile everyday. Like soubry said, "Don't stop the blogging." We live to read your stories.

xxx