Wednesday, December 14, 2011

SUIT UP AND SHOW UP

"The truth is tiny compared to the things you will have to do."
Leonard Cohen, from "The Energy of Slaves"


My good friend SL, over at Assorted credited Bulletholes with this, but thats not entirely correct. I posted it it to my Facebook last year. Still, its one of my better efforts, and ought to be posted here just the same.
And thanks to my old lover Billie, who turned me on to  "The Energy of sSlaves" so many years ago.
She said it was written against, as Cohen said, "men and women who own men and women"...

"To the men and women
who own men and women
those of us meant to be lovers
we will not pardon you
for wasting our bodies and time"

1 comment:

red dirt girl said...

I love this photo and almost stole it from Assorted who stole it from you...what a circle we are! (did i say circus?)

xxx