Friday, December 30, 2011

"IF YOU CAN THINK IN FRONT OF A TIGER"

TWO-HUNDRED AND SEVENTEEN
Thats the number of posts I've done this year. It ties my most procuctive year so far, back in 2009.
So does this post really count as a post?
Hell yes, especially if I add on this little nugget I sent to a fellow addict whom I am sponsoring.

""If you know the point of balance, You can settle the details. If you can settle the details, You can stop running around. Your mind will become calm. If your mind becomes calm, You can think in front of a tiger. If you can think in front of a tiger, You will surely succeed." - Mencius

Part of my recovery is going to meetings. Part is talking to other addicts, working the steps, and my service work in Group Conscious. Part is having found a power greater than myself that seems to strengthen my resolve to stay clean and practice principles. But the biggest part may be in just finding things out here in the world that help me stay clean, and finding a way to relate everything in my life to the balance point that is my program.


 Its my first time being a sponsor after 3 years in the Narcotics Anonymous program.

1 comment:

soubriquet said...

I can think in front of a tiger.... so long as the bars between us look very very secure.
Otherwise I'm just lunch, and nobody cares what lunch thinks.