Tuesday, January 29, 2008

WASN'T BORN NO YESTERDAY

Well, I had me a look and if I got it figgered rightly my 250th post came right at the New Year.
I don't know that my writing has improved on this Blog that much, but I write one of the clearest prettiest little EMails you ever did see.
Ever saw.
Clapped an eye on.
I present myself as a well spoken boy from a good family, mostly.

So, you and I... we... have come a long ways and I have to thank you for that.


Georgia on a Fast Train
billy joe shaver
On a rainy Wednesday morning that's the way that I was born in
That old sharecropper's one room country shack
They said my mommie left me the day before she had me
Said she hit the road and never once looked back
And I just like to mention my grandma's old age pension
Is the reason why I'm standing here today
I got all my country learning a milking and a churning
Picking cotton raisin' hell and baling hay

I been to Georgia on a fast train honey
I wouldn't born no yesterday
I got a good Christian raisin' and an eight grade education
Ain't no need in y'all a treatin' me this way

Now sweet Carolina I don't think I'll ever find
Another woman put together like you are
I like your wiggle in your walking and your big city talking
And your brand new shiny Plymouth ragtop car
Well it's hurry up and wait in this land of give and take
It seems like haste it makes for waste everytime
I declare to my soul when you hear those ages roll
You better know I'm gonna get my share of mine

I been to Georgia on a fast train...
I wouldn't born no yesterday
I got a good Christian raisin' and an eight grade education
Ain't no need in y'all a treatin' me this way

3 comments:

GrizzBabe said...

Happy 250 Post Blogiversary!

And your writing has improved tremendously. You really have a knack for telling a story and that's all good writing is.

Dave Renfro said...

If this was only your 150th, I would congratulate you on your sesquicentennial blog posting. As it is, I ain't got the word. Happy 250th, I guess I should say. Any you do type a good story. You've always told good stories so why not type them, too!

I'm sneaking up on my bicentennial post and my writing has gotten much more like my speech... it has gotten worse! I'm finally learning to cuss on the keyboard just like I cuss in my speech. A breakthrough!

Cheers!

Dave

Mother of Invention said...

Congrats on posting all those great things X 250! I think I'm up to 300 soon...maybe next post.

Wonder if we'll all be posting at age 65?!! Maybe we'll be poaching!???
Somewhere!