Thursday, January 25, 2007

Got Milk?

The Ex Mrs Bulletholes called to check on the Water Baby.

"How is our girl" she asks and I can tell that she is missing her Daughter.

"She's real good, just real good and she misses you, I think."


Water Baby has lived with me since September. The question was asked by Mother of Invention if she had come to visit me while I lived in an old burned out trailer.

The answer is yes, a few times. But we stayed next door at my good friend Arnolds. Arnold is a Blind Old man, and if it had not been for his charity and Grace… well as bad as things were they can always get worse.

Believe me.

Arnold and I made good company. He is one of those plain talking souls that has no motive, agenda or spin to sell. Sometimes we would talk, sometimes we stayed quiet, and sometimes we would put on a Movie and I would describe the action to him, pausing during the dialogue.

His Favorite was "Dances With Wolves" and I bet he could tell you more about it than most people with vision.

A diabetic, he has been blind since his teens, he is 82 now. I enjoyed cooking and caring for him, but make no mistake... I was all the way broke down and were it not for him I would have been under a Bridge somewhere. (to be continued)

7 comments:

Mother Hen said...

Rufus pampers me. Brawk! He has to while I sit on these eggs. Snork!

Anonymous said...

pamper??? pamper??????? is there really such a word???? have I been missing out on something rare? something exotic????? I KNEW something's been missing.........

thank you, Steve - for clearing up my confusion.........!

ps it's nice that you and the x can be nice to each other.....another feather in your cap of impeccable character......

Anonymous said...

oh I forgot to add....I want to read more about Arnold........please!!!!!!????? I'm settling back in my chair. I have a feeling this one won't be short.......he sounds like an angel...your angel.......

Mother of Invention said...

Thanks, Steve. Your daughter sounds quite happy and well adjusted. She probably understands you.

I too, want to hear more about Arnold Angel!

kissyface said...

what's become of the church lady you was flirtin' with?

bulletholes said...

MH- you are lucky to have a Rooster like Rufus...thats a rare bird.
RDG- I have a friend that truly does pamper his wife... its his 3rd time around.
Arnold has been an Angel for several people. He is an honorable man.
MOI- we are busy making up for lost time that we can't get back... she understands that. I would hope that she never has to gain an understanding of what I went through.
KF- I was not flirting with that lady! I did think for a moment that I was about to get "mugged" in a fashion and setting I have yet to experience! There is an update...she is Crazier than the kids had imagined (thats not a nice thing to say) and with a little more data, it will make a good post!

Annelisa said...

Ooo - an update on Crazy Lady - sounds good!

You know you were over at mine being a bit sniffly earlier? Well, now here I am at yours, and where's a tissue when you need it!?!

I'm guessing why you felt 'broken' is a long story... I don't know, maybe I missed it back there in earlier posts. But it was kinda nice you two looked out for each other... and each gave something back...